Top, photograph via AFP/Getty, An employee holds a photograph entitled ‘Bee’ by US photographer Irving Penn taken in 1995, which is expected to reach £15,000-20,000 in auction at Christie’s in London, 2010. Via. See also, Irving Penn, Bee. Bottom, uncredited snap of the cover of Interview Magazine, Issue 2 with Lana Del Rey, photographed by Sean and Seng, 2012. Via. See also, Lynch x S&S.
See also, The Beauty Investigator.
The greatness of Warhol’s work was that he offered an astute response to contemporary culture at the same time that he forever changed its future course. His fetishization of fame and celebrity called out something that was already in the zeitgeist, and made it his bitch. In [Alex] Israel’s funny, harmless videos, you kind of get the feeling that the artist is the bitch; he’s made these awkward little Valentines to celebrity but their biggest draw is still, well, the celebrities.
Carol Cheh, James Franco and Alex Israel: Why Their Obsession With Celebrity Doesn’t Pay Off, for The LA Weekly, May 2012.
- akzoo reblogged this from fette
- thinkingimages likes this
- schizopen likes this
- headbrush reblogged this from fette
- headbrush likes this
- godsinsulin reblogged this from cherrycanary
- dreading-wednesday reblogged this from babyguwl
- dimespin likes this
- 1-800-glamour reblogged this from babyguwl
- lilfeelz reblogged this from babyguwl
- foxesinbreeches likes this
- babyguwl likes this
- live-long-and-prosper-bitches reblogged this from gonedrifting
- twoshadestoopale reblogged this from caninodeoiro
- thanksomuch likes this
- apoq reblogged this from gonedrifting and added:
- gonedrifting reblogged this from fette
- auxiliofaux likes this
- gonedrifting likes this
- bremser likes this
- gwenlafage likes this
- insalatadiparole likes this
- fette posted this